Episode 3 is available

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

GMartin58

Episode 3 is available

Post by GMartin58 »

We have a great discussion about the first movie serial...and more!! Find The Green Hornet Case Files podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Youtube podcasts and at greenhornet66.com!

Thanks for all your support! Kory and I really appreciate it.
Attachments
GH Case FIles KG Small.png
Ben Bentley

Re: Episode 3 is available

Post by Ben Bentley »

Let's roll! You guys kept me company with episode three whilst I was sat in LA traffic yesterday, barely a mile or so from The Culver Studios.

Also, Greg, you're having way too much fun with that theremin! Haha
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

Thanks, Ben! Go try it yourself!!! BUZZZZZZZ....https://theremin.app
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

I have been listening to the podcasts as part of my exercise walks when the weather has started getting better. Great start on the first 3 episodes. For some dumb reason I listened to #2 before 1. Greg, here is something you mentioned that will hopefully you bring back simpler days of childhood and thank you for sharing how the GH got you started somewhat back into the normality of things after your family tragedy.

The Colorform kit you mentioned, it showed this example of a scene, so I put it together (shown this before)
Toys are meant to be played with!!
GHcolorformsCartoonKit.jpg
76605044_1676424452492382_8494886364444098560_n.jpg
(P.S. Did I catch a little Howard Stern impersonation from his movie when you mentioned a radio stations call letters?)

I will be a listener as there is much to learn. While I think I know a a lot about the TV show, there is a whole world on the radio show and the movie serials to revisit. I've posted this before, I don't remember watching the Green Hornet TV show as a kid, I was a Batman fan. Many years ago after I put together my 1966 Batmobile Gadgets and it's TV timeline webpage, I decided to do one for the TV Hornet. There was a group called thetimebridge hosted on geocities by D.Peacock around 2004 which was run online by Dennis Rau art by Reuben Procopio and several other contributors and was about the link between The Lone Ranger and the Green Hornet.

One of my favorite photoshop creations!
handshakereidmaskedmentimebridge.jpg
handshakereidmaskedmentimebridge.jpg (101.49 KiB) Viewed 158 times
here is a waybackmachine link of that timelink page

https://web.archive.org/web/20071104142 ... e1new.html

Of course there was the old thecaveboard site us fan had way before the days of Facebook. I had the old tv show in poor quality on vhs tapes (what was available at the time) and I had a set up for screen grabs. I think I was the first to put online a comprehensive site about the TV Black Beauty and the Green Hornet costume and gadget guide. Here is that site address as it has had a couple of web host changes and not much revision on my part for many years now I'm sorry to say.

http://apennyworth.batcave.net/

Keep up the great work guys! Looking forwards to each exciting new adventure of "The Green Hornet Case Files".
Let's get ready to keep on Rolling!

--John H.
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

Really appreciate the pics, John! Yep...that was it and I miss having it.

We have so many topics we want to discuss it's like going to a video rental store and having trouble deciding what we should do next! Glad you gave us a try.