Penguin Air Indicator Prop 1:6 scale - Fine Finny Fiends

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

Penguin Air Indicator Prop 1:6 scale - Fine Finny Fiends

Post by rsaffle »

Penguin Air Indicator Prop 1:6 scale
“Fine Finny Fiends” Season 1, Episodes 33

Penguin puts the Dynamic Duo in a vacuum tank with a gigantic reversing bellows and an air indicator. The chamber is filled with balloons, which will burst as the air gets sucked out. By the time all the balloons are popped, they’ll be dead. Once the indicator gets to “no air at all,” Penguin has everyone leave, as they need to establish an alibi. Luckily, Batman had a bat-knife in his utility belt that allowed him to cut his bonds and take a vial of bat-oxygen to breathe, and then he got Robin get out once Penguin left.

I'm not 100% sure if I was drawn to recreating the colorful text or drawn to the prop by Julie Gregg as Finella, but I knew I didn't want a room size version of this, so I made it about 1:6 scale. I have a friend that bends Neon signs that made me actual glass tubes. She took the time to color the bulbs red for me, but I accidentally broke those. :? I ended up shaving down a red Crayon and dropping the shavings into the remaining clear glass tube and then heated the tube in a cup of hot water melting the crayon and coating the inside. The only hard part of this was getting the glass to glue to my 3D printed pieces. It took me a few products to figure that out. At least it appears to be holding. :?)

Sorry my pictures are not great.
Attachments
penguin air 1.jpg
penguin air 3.jpg
penguin air 4.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg
penguin air 5.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
BiffPow

Re: Penguin Air Indicator Prop 1:6 scale - Fine Finny Fiends

Post by BiffPow »

Ha ha!!! Just so awesome! 👏 I am assuming you had to cut a circular hole in the bottom for the glass bulb to fit partially through so that the tube would be flush?

Now, can you duplicate Julie Gregg?
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Fantastic!!! WELL DONE!!!
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

You've yet again surpassed yourself on the niche/fun factor, Randy! If you had asked me this morning, I could not have imagined how much of a kick I would have got out of seeing your work on this! haha
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Thank you my friends. I have some real obscure props in the works but i like to throw these devilish traps in ever once in a while.

I'm going to tease my next project. Any ideas what this is part of?
Attachments
20240312_143545_compress21.jpg
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

AIR INDICATOR prop....another great build!

tease: The bottom section of Lord Marmaduke Ffogg's pipe perhaps?
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:16 pm AIR INDICATOR prop....another great build!

tease: The bottom section of Lord Marmaduke Ffogg's pipe perhaps?
Wow, That took you about 2 seconds. ;)
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

I remember someone asking for info on the pipe and I made a screen grab montage in 2022 and it was you!
http://www.66batman.com/forums/viewtopi ... 329#p80329

Will be a nice looking build
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

rsaffle , once again, you are producing amazing work, no matter the scale!

If only you would tackle a 1:6 scale Wayne study table (only) with Shakespeare bust, Batphone, and a sort of "isolated" sliding bookshelf....
Beneath Wayne Manor
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Very nice and accurate prop from the episode. Love the detail.

That last screen grab reminds me of when I got the blu-ray set and re-watched the episode after so many years and realizing just how much certain scenes or dialogue were "adult-oriented" and went right over our heads as kids. Still, I prefer to watch it from my old original point of view from when I was a schnick. A world much different from our own real one where Gotham City was more pure and noble.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:56 am If only you would tackle a 1:6 scale Wayne study table (only) with Shakespeare bust, Batphone, and a sort of "isolated" sliding bookshelf....
That could be fun! Is that something you are interested in? I don't have many 1:6 figures myself.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

rsaffle wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:36 am
BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:56 am If only you would tackle a 1:6 scale Wayne study table (only) with Shakespeare bust, Batphone, and a sort of "isolated" sliding bookshelf....
That could be fun! Is that something you are interested in? I don't have many 1:6 figures myself.
Yes! And likely “yes” to pretty much anything else that you make.