1/8 Batmobile Mego scaled from Fanhome

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Re: 1/8 Batmobile Mego scaled from Fanhome

Post by Lou Szabo »

So my math came out differently
There are 21 packages, and a total of 116 assembly stages.. each stages has a $2.40 shipping/handling charge. Without taxes, but including the binders and shipping the total is $1,906.17. Just the 116 stages are $1,582. Also, if this is monthly, you are looking at 9 years and 8 months. It’s in a spreadsheet, so if you want a copy, PM me.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

To each his own, but for me spending two grand on a Batmobile to carry Mego figures is like buying a solid gold picture frame to display "Dogs Playing Poker."
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

My favorite work of art
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

SprangFan wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:56 pm To each his own, but for me spending two grand on a Batmobile to carry Mego figures is like buying a solid gold picture frame to display "Dogs Playing Poker."
Well put!

I agree that a screen-accurate Batmobile is utterly out of place with any 8-inch figure, whether its the original or new Megos, or FTC. 8-inch figures are built in a way that pulls them over to the pure toy zone, rather being high-end figures capturing the likeness and essence of live action characters. At best, perhaps DC Direct's early 2000s Silver Age box set of Batman and Robin would be passable in this car, if not for their 6-inch scale.
Beneath Wayne Manor
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Great points-- even with FTC's 66 Batman figures-- you're not talking "screen accurate". It's funny how things play out-- when I was a kid I played with my Mego Batman and Robin figures and to me they WERE Adam and Burt-- I would have loved the FTC versions back then (or so I thought), but when those came out I just felt like they were okay-- I still prefer the classic 70s versions. And that goes for the old Mego Batmobile. I have one of FTC's red ones and its a favorite.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

And yet Mezco is doing just such a Batman.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Has this been announced, Lou?
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:24 am Great points-- even with FTC's 66 Batman figures-- you're not talking "screen accurate". It's funny how things play out-- when I was a kid I played with my Mego Batman and Robin figures and to me they WERE Adam and Burt-- I would have loved the FTC versions back then (or so I thought), but when those came out I just felt like they were okay-- I still prefer the classic 70s versions. And that goes for the old Mego Batmobile. I have one of FTC's red ones and its a favorite.
I remember getting my first-line produced Mego Batman with removable mask at the K-Mart in Farmington Hills just outside Detroit back in '72. For me, the figure represented the Batman of all the Neal Adams and Dick Giordano comics I was devouring at the time.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yeah me too-- the removable cowl version looked far more serious than the painted head one did. I always saw the original as straight from the comics of the day-- and the painted head with his smile was Adam West.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lou Szabo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:50 am And yet Mezco is doing just such a Batman.
AndyFish wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:48 pm Has this been announced, Lou?
I *think* Lou might be referring to the upcoming Beast Kingdom 1/8th figures. I think these would look great in the FanHome car.

Here's that thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8550
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yup forgot about those.
DAH Quality is a little bit of an issue-- the Blue Dark Knight Batman was at a local comic shop and the fabric and stitching was a little rough. I know they've done a bunch of figures since, I haven't seen any of them in person.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Some folks on FB corrected my timeline, reducing the delivery schedule to just over 2 years. Cost is still the same, but some months will see multiple deliveries.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Latest advert
IMG_3528.jpeg
That “Dashboard” is really detailed :lol:
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Lou Szabo wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:15 am That “Dashboard” is really detailed :lol:
🤣
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Someone on FB will be documenting the build. He estimates 20 months to get all the parts

Builder and group
Builder and group
Parts first shipment
Parts first shipment