1/8 Batmobile Mego scaled from Fanhome

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

1/8 Batmobile Mego scaled from Fanhome

Post by Lou Szabo »

https://www.fanhome.com/us/movie-series/batmobile/

This is a 71cm metal 1/8 scale Batmobile subscription. This is the 3rd company at least to do this, and may be the first one to complete it.
Length
Length
It is the right length, and best of all, it fits your FTC figures, and the new one from that other outfit (sorry, can’t recall)

There are a number of photos on the site. I have not done the math to determine the total cost of ownership. It is better detailed than the Eaglemoss attempt according to the pictures, and both the trunk and hood open, revealing a Batcomputer and V8 engine, respectively.
IMG_3389.jpeg
IMG_3385.jpeg
IMG_3382.jpeg
IMG_3379.jpeg
IMG_3388.jpeg
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Lou Szabo

Re: 1/8 Batmobile from Fanhome

Post by Lou Szabo »

IMG_3387.jpeg
IMG_3386.jpeg
IMG_3384.jpeg
IMG_3383.jpeg
IMG_3380.jpeg
IMG_3376.jpeg
AndyFish

Re: 1/8 Batmobile Mego scaled from Fanhome

Post by AndyFish »

Wow their FAQ is clear as mud!
I like to know what I'm signing up for before my signature goes on anything and especially HOW MUCH this is going to cost. I don't like that they don't spell it out easily-- from my math it looks like it's more expensive than that 1/6 car some of you guys got (although to be fair I don't remember what you paid so maybe I'm wrong).
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I keep asking the question on FB of those that built the 1/8 DB5 and others, but no answers to date. It may be $2800 or more when completed, but the payment plan may be akin to “death by a thousand cuts”.

This is the third or fourth company to pursue this, beginning with Eaglemoss, then someone else, then one other, and finally this company. (Like my attention to detail?).

The Jazz Inc started at 999, but increased to $1299 with the electronics kit for early buyers. Later batches were $1499! And remember the Hot Toys at mobile was supposed to be around $699 to $799. (The 89 was $699).
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

It looks like a beautiful build, and I certainly don't fault you Lou-- but I'd be surprised if this one even comes out like the others that have failed. And if it does, that's a LOT of scratch for essentially a toy.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Too rich for my blood. I plan to retire this year so my hobby fund is quickly going to zero, so I’m out in this one.

I wonder if the license is such that the cannot sell a prebuilt unit, only a kit.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lou Szabo wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:51 am I wonder if the license is such that the cannot sell a prebuilt unit, only a kit.
If the JazzInc license is still active then that is most definitely the case.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

The collectibles market, from what I've seen on other websites, is completely out of control now, price-wise. Then add to that how we constantly hear how many people are struggling financially now and I just don't know who the hell is buying all this stuff!
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
dodgr31

Post by dodgr31 »

The site says completed in 120 assembly stages? Starting with the 4th stage there are 6 assembly stages in each? Maybe not as costly as the Jazzinc, still a few hundred idk.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lou Szabo wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:28 pm I keep asking the question on FB of those that built the 1/8 DB5 and others, but no answers to date. It may be $2800 or more when completed, but the payment plan may be akin to “death by a thousand cuts”.

This is the third or fourth company to pursue this, beginning with Eaglemoss, then someone else, then one other, and finally this company. (Like my attention to detail?).
The only reference to a potential TOTAL number of issues to complete the model is on the payment page. I chose the "standard" option (minus the glass case). There is reference to an initial NINETEEN issues, now there could be more in theory, but you can see for youself in my screencapture below. If this is the case, based on these $13.99 + $2.40 S&H per issue after paying only $1.95 for the first three stages...

If it ended up being 120 build stages as Dodgr31 mentioned, we would be looking in the region of $1920 plus taxes, based on the costs below.

As others have mentioned, will this actually see out it's full-run, when so many before have failed?
Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 12.46.27.png
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Thanks for the math, Ben-- I came up with similar numbers (and much larger ones for the deluxe) but didn't want to speculate-- be nice if they just spelled it out for you.
dodgr31

Post by dodgr31 »

I emailed them to try and understand the total cost, here is what they sent:

Thank you for your reply.

The price for the monthly charge for Batmobile Standard collection would be as below:

The first package costs $1.95
The second package costs $35.18
The third package costs $49.17
From package 4 until package 6 costs $98.34
From package 7 until package 17 it costs $104.34
From package 18 to 21 it costs $121.73.

If you have any other questions, we are here for you.

Have a great day,

Fanhome Team
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Or how about just saying "thanks for your inquiry-- it'll cost $1691.57 when all is said and done."?
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

I expect it to drive me to the store for that kind of money.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:11 pm Or how about just saying "thanks for your inquiry-- it'll cost $1691.57 when all is said and done."?
In Canada that converts to (as of this typing) $2,286.70. Sorry Fanhome, but I can really put that money to better use. 8-) And to think that the original Corgi Batmobile that started all this off long ago back in 1966 went for a little under $2.00 U.S. at the time!
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"