Corgi Club confirms Batmobile reissue in 2024

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
BatToys

Corgi Club confirms Batmobile reissue in 2024

Post by BatToys »

See Screenshot from Corgi Club about 1966 Batmobile in 2024.
Attachments
Screenshot_20231230_073343_Facebook.jpg
AndyFish

Re: Corgi Club confirms Batmobile reissue in 2024

Post by AndyFish »

Neat-O! I would hope they'd use the old molds so that it has all the flaws of the original Corgi-- since we already have screen accurate Hot Wheels and Jada versions a plenty.
Great news either way.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

AndyFish wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:39 am Neat-O! I would hope they'd use the old molds so that it has all the flaws of the original Corgi-- since we already have screen accurate Hot Wheels and Jada versions a plenty.
Great news either way.
Andy, I give you a GIGANTIC 👍 just for using the expression “Neat-O!”

Haven’t seen that used since the 1960s. Wow! 😃
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Its actually surprising that they have never reissued that car. It has remained very popular.

It would be neat-o if they do the whole set. :lol:
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

AndyFish wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:39 am Neat-O! I would hope they'd use the old molds so that it has all the flaws of the original Corgi-- since we already have screen accurate Hot Wheels and Jada versions a plenty.
Great news either way.
Yes, Corgi Club said it will be an exact replica of the first issue Batmobile with the fold open box. I look forward to the sticker that's supposed to go under a shirt label. I'll probably order 2 or 3.

I have the Corgi Club James Bond Aston Martin and it's very well made.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

rsaffle wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:09 pm It would be neat-o if they do the whole set. :lol:
🤣👍
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

rsaffle wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:09 pm It would be neat-o if they do the whole set. :lol:
Do you mean the Batboat, too?
Beneath Wayne Manor
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:35 pm
Yes sir! I will be happy with just the Batmobile but this set is just to cool!
Attachments
Batmobile-boat-set.jpg
Batmobile-boat-set.jpg (50.76 KiB) Viewed 208125 times
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:35 pm
Corgi Club only mentioned the first issue Batmobile but I think the Batboat is a possibility.
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

That Gift Set 3 is what I really want. Had it as a kid and always loved it!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yay to the flaws and all-- while I'd rather see a red wheel version over a Batboat I'm just happy they'll be doing it in the first place. I have a couple of their silver 007 Aston Martin's and they are so close to the original I just ordered the Gold One and got it in record time.

Be great to make a case display out of these like I did with the New Megos 50th anniversary figures.
I'm in for a half dozen!
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

My collecting is pretty much over with, but this does have my attention as I have always been a fan of Corgi Cars going back to the late '60s. Those die-casts always mesmerized me as a kid. Loved the Batmobile and Batboat and thought the Batcopter in the '70s was a hoot even if it wasn't that screen accurate. I have an old original Green Hornet Black Beauty with accompanying aged box. It would be neat if they started reissuing a lot of their old stuff but I don't know if the market is even there as the hero thing really seems to be dying out in society.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

They've been reissuing for a number of years, and the Bond Car has been very popular. They have well over two dozen re-releases in the Corgi Club-- and this is my kind of club--no membership dues and no obligations to buy anything-- you just get emails saying what's out. I've been buying quite a few of the re-releases over the past year or so.

As for Hero's dying out-- never. Going back to Greek Mythology man needs heroes. Tastes wane and alter, but heroes will always be a thing mankind looks to.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

AndyFish wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:27 am They've been reissuing for a number of years, and the Bond Car has been very popular. They have well over two dozen re-releases in the Corgi Club-- and this is my kind of club--no membership dues and no obligations to buy anything-- you just get emails saying what's out. I've been buying quite a few of the re-releases over the past year or so.

As for Hero's dying out-- never. Going back to Greek Mythology man needs heroes. Tastes wane and alter, but heroes will always be a thing mankind looks to.
I agree that Man will always need heroes but I guess I should have been more specific as in the superheroes we all know and revered since childhood. They are going the way of the dodo bird like baseball diamonds, Saturday morning TV, biking around the neighborhood until mom yelled for you, and so much else.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Yellow Oval wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:04 am I agree that Man will always need heroes but I guess I should have been more specific as in the superheroes we all know and revered since childhood. They are going the way of the dodo bird like baseball diamonds, Saturday morning TV, biking around the neighborhood until mom yelled for you, and so much else.
Agree. Moreover, there seems to be a concerted effort to kill off those iconic heroes with which we grew up. Heroes inspire people with hope - or to do better. I see a purposeful dismantling of “traditional” heroes, be they historical or fictional - and I believe it’s because some prefer we not be inspired or hopeful. And I agree that mankind will always need heroes, but I believe there is an intentional effort to deny us the heroes we want - or even need.