The Bat-Mannequin is complete

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
BAT 77

The Bat-Mannequin is complete

Post by BAT 77 »

Facial reconstruction surgery has been a success. Thanks, Chuck & Lynne. I'm sure there will be more tweeking to be done, but for now the Bat-Mannequin is complete.
Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 4.22.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 4.22.33 PM.png
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast
AndyFish

Re: The Bat-Mannequin is complete

Post by AndyFish »

Very cool!
You now have the worlds biggest action figure.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Love it!
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

It IS Adsm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY well done, my Friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Great job. I'm guessing you used the face kit from Williams Studio 2.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

Lou Szabo wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:32 am Great job. I'm guessing you used the face kit from Williams Studio 2.
Yep. I added some color to Adam's lips, but I don't think it's the right color. Will try again. Also need to cut a bit more off the face of the mannequin as the neck is not resting against the neck of the mannequin, which is making the head positioning look a little strange in my eyes.

I also need to resolve the tights as they're just too dark. Not having any luck finding men's spandex bodysuits that have the right shade of grey. Either they're too dark or too light, and I'm hesitant to try any that look close to the screen-worn tights that are in in light purple or blue because the colors always look different from what's on the webpages. I thought about dying my light grey tights, but I don't trust myself to have the skills to do that successfully. I may just bite the bullet and order the two piece tights from WS2.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

BAT 77 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:47 am
I also need to resolve the tights as they're just too dark. Not having any luck finding men's spandex bodysuits that have the right shade of grey. Either they're too dark or too light, and I'm hesitant to try any that look close to the screen-worn tights that are in in light purple or blue because the colors always look different from what's on the webpages. I thought about dying my light grey tights, but I don't trust myself to have the skills to do that successfully. I may just bite the bullet and order the two piece tights from WS2.
Years ago, I followed the directions that were posted on here for dying the tights, and it turned out well. Someone had the RIT company analyze the color, and they determined the color combination and amounts. The directions were spot on. Just get the white tights and follow the RIT dye directions. I’m guessing the directions are still here, maybe archived?
BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

Today I did more work on the Bat-Mannequin...
Screen Shot 2023-06-24 at 12.43.08 PM.png
I cut more of the face and part of the neck off the mannequin so that Adam's face would fit better.
Screen Shot 2023-06-24 at 12.43.20 PM.png
The surgery was a success. I also painted a darker flesh-color over the "orange" lips to give it a more life-like appearance. Though there's nothing wrong with drag-queen Bruce Wayne, this was a major improvement. The lips have just enough of a color difference from the rest of the face.
Screen Shot 2023-06-24 at 12.43.34 PM.png
A test fit of the cowl. The face of the cowl is resting on the forehead, leaving a gap between Adam's nose and the cowl's nose, however the more recessed eyes look much better and make him look more moody and mysterious.
Screen Shot 2023-06-24 at 12.43.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-24 at 12.44.01 PM.png
Re-padded the chest and abdomen. At this point I took measurements of the chest, waist, shoe size and calves. I used shrink wrap to smooth it out as best I could. I ended up putting on a sleeveless t-shirt underneath the tights to hide any wrinkles or crevices.

But wait...the best is yet to come...on the next post...
BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

Screen Shot 2023-06-24 at 12.44.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-24 at 12.44.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-24 at 12.44.50 PM.png
I'm very pleased with the progress I'm making, but there's still more to do.

The belt buckle apart again, and I had to sacrifice a shoelace to tie it back together. I need to find someone local who can solder the broken bit of the buckle back together. Tying the back of the belt is a challenge when working alone and more frustrating than lacing my girlfriend into one of her corsets. I used a couple of strategically-placed paper clips to hold the belt up. I had no choice as this was a second-hand belt, but the solid wood blocks in the pouches make this belt very heavy and cumbersome, and I wish this would've had actual, usable pouches.

Next up will be replacement tights that are more color accurate. Tune in whenever - same Bat thread - same Bat Board.
BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

Just one more adjustment. I lowered the face a bit because his neck looked too long. Much better now!
Screen Shot 2023-06-24 at 1.46.59 PM.png
J
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Definite improvement on the lip color. “Drag-queen Bruse Wayne” 🤣

If you’re able to redo the pouches using balsa wood that will significantly lighten the weight.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Looking fabulouso!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry
BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

Today the Bat-Mannequin received a new set of tights in screen-accurate color courtesy of Chuck & Lynn Williams. They look great!!

I also got a new pair of boots from EZCosplay that fit the mannequin properly and are the correct length.
Screen Shot 2023-08-21 at 7.01.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-21 at 7.01.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-21 at 7.01.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-21 at 6.59.57 PM.png
So this project is pretty much completed. Down the line I will need to get trunks that actually fit the mannequin (they're pinned in the back on the mannequin) and to get the buckle on the belt fixed so I can continue to cosplay with the darker tights. Yes, I'm not giving up on doing '66 Batman cosplay as I may be suiting up for a Super-Hero charity walk in October. Stay tuned.
Screen Shot 2023-08-21 at 7.01.36 PM.png
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Congratulations on completing your display!!
I think the boots look pretty darn good for a display and I wouldn't hessitate to put a hole through the sole for a base support.
Perfect for a Bat-Dummy too!
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
Bat Mitch

Post by Bat Mitch »

Looks almost good enough to fool King Tut.