McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Jczernich

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by Jczernich »

BiffPow wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:40 am Interesting sketches/concept art. Thanks for sharing that.

Is that the Penguin I see on the bottom right of the villains’ lair? Perhaps did not get the memo that Penguin was also off-limits?

It was also interesting to see Dr. Silvana played by Howard Morris (Ernest T. Bass, on Andy Griffith). He could’ve probably played Mr. Mxyzptlk, too, with his impishness.
Joker is in that group shot too! He was also off limits. I believe Filmation also had rights to the Captain Marvel villains. My guess is this was early concept work for Challenge of Super Friends before the producers got final word of who was off limits to use.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

👍
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Amazon is a no-brainer-- better price than the online toy guys, and if I come to my senses and decide to cancel its an easy end-- but I wouldn't recommend them to those who keep them on cards-- they do a horrible job of packing.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:45 pm Amazon is a no-brainer-- better price than the online toy guys, and if I come to my senses and decide to cancel its an easy end-- but I wouldn't recommend them to those who keep them on cards-- they do a horrible job of packing.
Amazon is horrible at packaging anything these days from toys to tea, lol. They are easy to cancel with but I have found my experience cancelling with Entertainment Earth to be mostly painless as well.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
JWLJN

Post by JWLJN »

They’re fun. I bit. I don’t really like anything but true ‘66 but, like the comic fits, they fit in. Finally a Gordon placeholder so it’s time for the office. Let’s face it, Todd made Bruce’s study one of the coolest playsets ever. He could do the same for the office.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

JWLJN wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:06 pm They’re fun. I bit. I don’t really like anything but true ‘66 but, like the comic fits, they fit in. Finally a Gordon placeholder so it’s time for the office. Let’s face it, Todd made Bruce’s study one of the coolest playsets ever. He could do the same for the office.
I still hope he does make the GCPD office but first we need '66 Mad Hatter, '66 Batcopter, and the '66 Bat-signal!
JWLJN

Post by JWLJN »

Jczernich wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:11 pm
JWLJN wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:06 pm They’re fun. I bit. I don’t really like anything but true ‘66 but, like the comic fits, they fit in. Finally a Gordon placeholder so it’s time for the office. Let’s face it, Todd made Bruce’s study one of the coolest playsets ever. He could do the same for the office.
I still hope he does make the GCPD office but first we need '66 Mad Hatter, '66 Batcopter, and the '66 Bat-signal!
Sadly I think if we were getting any more characters we would’ve gotten them already. I’m sure for many the non-show waves are killing the line.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

JWLJN wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:25 pm
Jczernich wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:11 pm
Sadly I think if we were getting any more characters we would’ve gotten them already. I’m sure for many the non-show waves are killing the line.
Sadly, this looks to be true, unless Toddfather is biding his time with these last two waves so as he can get rights to Hatter and other stuff. The last non-show wave was weak!
antman67

Post by antman67 »

REALLY want more 66 characters. Too bad. all these weird variants is just a cash grab to me
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

antman67 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:31 pm REALLY want more 66 characters. Too bad. all these weird variants is just a cash grab to me
The last wave? Yeah, an absolute cash grab that pads out the line.

This new Filmation wave? Amazing. I have wanted Batman toys that look just like this ever since I can remember.
Attachments
8cf728d76fc34888857d35ccd58df639xl.jpg
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Cash grab was my first thought-- but there is a lot of retooling here-- new head sculpts, etc. I'm surprised they didn't redo Batman's belt or chest emblem, but then Batman himself has often been the weakest figure in all of the retro lines.

I'd also think this is the end of the line, which went a lot deeper than I ever thought-- but I've been wrong multiple times before so who knows?
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:52 am Cash grab was my first thought-- but there is a lot of retooling here-- new head sculpts, etc. I'm surprised they didn't redo Batman's belt or chest emblem, but then Batman himself has often been the weakest figure in all of the retro lines.

I'd also think this is the end of the line, which went a lot deeper than I ever thought-- but I've been wrong multiple times before so who knows?
I noticed the Batman '66 pull down menu option on the McFarlane toys Amazon page has been replaced with DC Retro and the Batman '66 logo has been moved to the bottom of packaging and replaced with The New Adventures of Batman title. I believe that this is their attempt to slowly morph the line into the new DC Retro label eventually. I expect them to make more figures of the new and original Batman Filmation shows and maybe we will see FIlmation figures of other DC characters the studio produced: Superman, Superboy, Aquaman, Teen Titans, Justice League. I would love to even see Batman/Robin/Joker/Penguin figures based on their Scooby Doo appearances! Maybe the Super Friends and Ruby Spears Plastic Man too!!!!!
Attachments
Batgirl.08__scaled_800.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-21 121643.jpg
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Looks like we’ll have to go back to relying on customizing if we want additional 1/12 figures from the show. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

BiffPow wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:42 am Looks like we’ll have to go back to relying on customizing if we want additional 1/12 figures from the show. 🤷🏻‍♂️
The Mad Hatter custom someone posted on her looks sweet! I'd pay for someone to do a custom of Mad Hatter of that quality!