The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
BiffPow

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by BiffPow »

I prefer to buy the figures at Target rather than online because I can compare paint jobs. But they get snagged quickly.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

As a kid we looked all over for these singles, but only came up with Robin.
IMG_2443.jpeg
I never knew they were all available on on LP
IMG_6441.jpeg
IMG_6443.jpeg
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Just ordered this from Williams Studio 2, without eyes for that classic 60’s comic Vibe
IMG_2619.jpeg
BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

Posting this on this epic thread as they are the latest Batman items I've acquired.

I plan on being '66 Batman again for Halloween and for a "super-hero" charity event in October, so I needed some duplicate costume pieces in order to not have to strip the Bat-mannequin down to his tights. And I needed to go under budget, which was rather fortuitous because we made an offer on a house this week.

I needed a duplicate belt and trunks. For the belt I was able to find the Mattel Utility Belt (w/Battarang) at a "reasonable" price (i.e. under $200). For the trunks I went the cheap route and ordered from Evil-ution, uh I mean Evolution Props, and that was a bit of an ordeal because Fed-Ex lost the delivery and I had to go back and forth with both Evolution and Fed-Ex until a replacement shipment finally arrived at my doorstep this week.

I got a smaller size for the trunks as the Williams trunks were purchased for me to wear and they have to be pinned in the back for the mannequin. I had originally planned on replacing the trunks on the mannequin and wearing the Williams trunks for cosplay. I also toyed with the idea of replacing the CY productions belt with the Mattel belt. Here was the result...
Screen Shot 2023-09-23 at 4.59.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-09-23 at 5.00.00 PM.png
Even though they were a smaller size, the trunks were still massive on the mannequin, and made of a much cheaper material. I also couldn't tell which was the front or the back as there was no tag and no velcro where the belt buckle goes.

The Mattel belt is frustrating because it's too small for me but still too big for the mannequin even on the tightest setting. I had to stuff the back of the trunks with a t-shirt in order to get the belt to stop falling. I also had to strategically place clips on the belt to the waistband of the trunks as I discovered to my horror that the pouches don't move! They're sewn onto the belt! I will say that the belt is made well, but it's not to scale and it does look like a toy when it's around the waist of Adam West.

I then tried the Evolution trunks with the CY belt on the mannequin, and that was a nightmare. The Evolution trunks (which were already fraying from trying to pin them) were too flimsy to support the weight of the very heavy belt (brass buckle and solid wood blocks in the pouches). I didn't take photos of that combo because it was just too sad.

So the Williams trunks and the CY belt are back on the mannequin, and it is a stark improvement. I bought some velcro today, and that was very useful to help keep the belt from slipping. The Bat-mannequin is back to his fighting form, and he now has a weapon to deploy against any home intruders.
Screen Shot 2023-09-23 at 5.00.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-09-23 at 5.00.20 PM.png
The Evolution trunks just about fit me, so they will be used for cosplay along with the belt. My partner creates chainmail jewelry, so she will be making me a chainmail extender for the Mattel belt. I have the two-piece compression suit which can be alternated with the dark grey onesies, the ezcosplay boots which can be alternated with the spandex boot coverings and navy blue Skechers, and the satin bridal gloves (sans scallops) to complete the look. Only the cape and cowl will need to be removed from the mannequin for cosplaying.
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Evolution trunks- you get what you pay for.
Sorry to hear of your troubles.
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

BAT 77; " I will say that the belt is made well, but it's not to scale and it does look like a toy when it's around the waist of Adam West."

Actually the belt is closer to the correct scale of the original belt. They used measurements we took off the Hardeman belt which does have the first season smaller pouches.

The buckle is actually a tiny bit larger than the real thing. Overall it's a great belt that I wish they made in 1966!

You can cut the pouches loose but unfortunately the vinyl will show the holes. The tubes are not moving at all though.
Attachments
DSC_0398 (2).JPG
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

Been awhile since I could post here, harder to get 66 stuff since we sold our house in the US. Was so happy to get glowy Lord Death Man courtesy of my American middleman at retail! Looks great under his forensic light, can’t wait for it to arrive!!!
Attachments
IMG_9845.jpeg
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Bravo and congrats on the excellent grab
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

Found this sukajan jacket during my time in the US at Hot Topic. Was amazed to see something like that in the US.
Attachments
IMG_9854.jpeg
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I love the take on Jiro Kuwata's artwork here-- so nicely done. I only set foot in a Hot Topic once in my whole life to get a gift card for a niece-- I felt like Batman walking into the Go-Go Bar in the pilot episode-- I'll have to get my niece to keep her eyes out for cool stuff like this for me and pay a bounty for it.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

🤣 Andy.

Oddly, they do carry an interesting line of DC items from time to time. When the movie came out with Anne Hathaway, they sold a Catwoman catsuit that was pretty decent quality. Better than the usual costume quality.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Finally, FINALLY snagged a reasonably priced SDCC HotWheels three pack with Batgirl’s motorcycle.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

BiffPow wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:22 pm Finally, FINALLY snagged a reasonably priced SDCC HotWheels three pack with Batgirl’s motorcycle.
I love that set. I found mine at a local toy show, having never seen it before! Exclusive to 2008's San Diego ComicCon.

Bat vehicles set by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

I never understood why they didn’t release a standalone HotWheels Batgirl motorcycle. The three pack still would have been an SDCC exclusive. Took me 15 years to finally get one? Wow. I did not realize it had been that long, Ian.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

BiffPow wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:01 am I never understood why they didn’t release a standalone HotWheels Batgirl motorcycle. The three pack still would have been an SDCC exclusive. Took me 15 years to finally get one? Wow. I did not realize it had been that long, Ian.
I guess it falls into the old "female-connected toy" stored in the Boys' Toys aisle category. Not seen as a bestseller. Although Eaglemoss did a larger version of the Batgirlcycle a few years later.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)