The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
rsaffle

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by rsaffle »

AndyFish wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:00 am BATMAN 09.jpg

Grabbed a BATMAN #9 this week-- love these early Batman's and you can see the connection from the Golden Age Batman and Robin to the TV Series style.
I read that is the 1st Batan Christmas story. So cool!
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yes indeed, first Christmas Story in BATMAN or DETECTIVE. Credited to Bob Kane inked by Jerry Robinson and George Roussos.
BATMAN 09-02.jpg
Last panel is a straight out Xmas Card--
BATMAN MERRY XMAS.jpg
But the opening page is what I love most about this period of Batman, still mysterious and spooky style stories...
BATMAN 09-01.jpg
Attachments
BATMAN 09-02.jpg
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

Totally agree!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I had mentioned to Mrs Fish how much I liked Slot Car Race sets when I was but a wee lad-- and she surprised me with a great one-- Scooby Doo Vs Batman! And it's the classic 60s Batman complete with my favorite logo.
SCOOBY RACE SET 1.jpeg
It's got the great cartoon version of my favorite Batmobile--
SCOOBY RACE SET 2.jpeg
She also got me a classic TV Series slot car and a James Bond Aston Martin so I can have them race too-- such a nice surprise and we'll break it all out on my birthday on the 27th when I take a day off.

And from my good friend Mickey Mules here on the board this incredible GRAIL surprise showed up today...
BATMAN EMBROIDERED.jpeg
I was speechless, I've had an affection for these things ever since I saw the standing Batman one in a furniture store when I was five years old. I've hunted a standing Robin for probably 40 years and I had never seen the Bust version until I caught Ralph on Collectors Corner last month.

Absolutely stunned by them!
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

(First photo) I bought this Batcave a few months ago but I never shared any photos.
(Second photo) For Christmas, I got the Batgirl walkie-talkie, the Bat Radio and the Bat cuffs. I put them on display in this shelf with my cowls.
Attachments
post 002.jpg
pot001.jpg
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Great collection! 😃

Are those reissued models or original Auroras?
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

BiffPow wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:53 pm Are those reissued models or original Auroras?
Both.
I actually have 2 shelves of the AURORA Monsters. One shelf is the Glow versions and the other is the regular non glow versions.
Anyway, most of my glow kits are original AURORA while the majority of my non glow are reissues.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Oh, wow. Sure does bring back memories. Blast from a fun and happy past!
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:48 pm I had mentioned to Mrs Fish how much I liked Slot Car Race sets when I was but a wee lad-- and she surprised me with a great one-- Scooby Doo Vs Batman! And it's the classic 60s Batman complete with my favorite logo.

SCOOBY RACE SET 1.jpeg

It's got the great cartoon version of my favorite Batmobile--

SCOOBY RACE SET 2.jpeg

She also got me a classic TV Series slot car and a James Bond Aston Martin so I can have them race too-- such a nice surprise and we'll break it all out on my birthday on the 27th when I take a day off.

And from my good friend Mickey Mules here on the board this incredible GRAIL surprise showed up today...

BATMAN EMBROIDERED.jpeg

I was speechless, I've had an affection for these things ever since I saw the standing Batman one in a furniture store when I was five years old. I've hunted a standing Robin for probably 40 years and I had never seen the Bust version until I caught Ralph on Collectors Corner last month.

Absolutely stunned by them!
Great gifts, Andy. Do the slot cars race to the balloon factory, haunted house at the amusement park, or the farm house that flips? :P I remember those embroidered portraits but had completely forgotten about them all these years. I had some but they were Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Boy Wonder wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:19 pm
BiffPow wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:53 pm Are those reissued models or original Auroras?
Both.
I actually have 2 shelves of the AURORA Monsters. One shelf is the Glow versions and the other is the regular non glow versions.
Anyway, most of my glow kits are original AURORA while the majority of my non glow are reissues.
2 shelves of Aurora Monster models? I am envious. I also love the Peter Criss solo album t-shirt in your photo. My second favorite solo album after Ace's.
Nektu

Post by Nektu »

Jazzinc 1/6 car and Saturn Toys Dynamic Duo... :)
IMG_0104.jpg
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

Yellow Oval wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:09 am
Both.
2 shelves of Aurora Monster models? I am envious. I also love the Peter Criss solo album t-shirt in your photo. My second favorite solo album after Ace's.
My 3 favorite things in life. 🤟😝
KISS, the Universal Monsters and Batman (1966).
If we were to go back further into my childhood, I'd also have to include the shows produced by Sid and Marty Krofft. 👍
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

My local comic shop had this Mego Joker bust bank! I immediately scooped it up. I have never seen one in the wild before.
Attachments
20231227_122454.jpg
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Boy Wonder wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:45 pm
Yellow Oval wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:09 am

Both.
My 3 favorite things in life. 🤟😝
KISS, the Universal Monsters and Batman (1966).
If we were to go back further into my childhood, I'd also have to include the shows produced by Sid and Marty Krofft. 👍
Boy Wonder - it's like we're long-lost siblings! :lol:
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Always liked the Mego banks-- The Joker is rare-- I haven't seen many in the wild either.