McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
rsaffle

Re: Wax Sprayed Robin.

Post by rsaffle »

Bat-Mite wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:08 am Why on Earth would they make this figure instead of making more villains like The Mad Hatter, Clock King, the Minstrel, Shame or the Sandman is beyond me.
It's the same body molds over and over with a different head here or different paint there. I'm glad that I'm not a toy completist and need to shell out cash for all the variants, but I'm also happy with every new '66 related product they want to make. Hopefully it's not only a money grab and its more of a "how can I make it possible to justify making these specialty figures and generate the needed income". Much cheaper for him to make a figure like this instead of tooling another figure from scratch. It's also probably hard to keep a toy line going if it only had one Batman and Robin at the start of the toy line. This repaint/re-head idea keeps the main guys on the shelves. Personally, I have never needed a ninja variant or some other made-up version of Batman myself, but they are all over the place. Don't take it as we get a Robin variant over a different figure though because I don't feel that's what is happening. Buy what appeals to you and leave the rest like I try very hard to do...but with varied success. LOL

I still smile at each new toy!

I also love the idea of a toy line showing all of the Bat traps and this Robin figure falls into that line.

Overall, I do wish these figures had better sculpts though and I'm a fan of the scale of the smaller Mezco or Funko figures.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Bat-Mite

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by Bat-Mite »

I'd WISH They'ed make more original figures like The Mad Hatter. It wouldnt be hard of them to do. They could also make his top hat snap open to reveal these instant mesmerizer eyes with just the tap of a finger.
Attachments
MadHatter.jpg
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Bat-Mite wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:33 am I'd WISH They'ed make more original figures like The Mad Hatter. It wouldnt be hard of them to do. They could also make his top hat snap open to reveal these instant mesmerizer eyes with just the tap of a finger.
As far as I am concerned, The Mad Hatter is the only villain figure they haven't made that I want. I don't care about Shame, Olga, etc, juuust give us the Mad Hatter already!
Bat-Mite

Post by Bat-Mite »

Amen. but they're clearly doing figures based on the DC Comics 66Batman comic, which why did they did Jokerman and his JokermanMobile, and that BatmanRobot that never appeared in the tv series, which still doesnt explain Wax Sprayed Robin...still i'd like to see them do Clock King, The Minstrel, Shame, Ma Parker and Sandman.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Bat-Mite wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:45 am Amen. but they're clearly doing figures based on the DC Comics 66Batman comic, which why did they did Jokerman and his JokermanMobile, and that BatmanRobot that never appeared in the tv series, which still doesnt explain Wax Sprayed Robin...still i'd like to see them do Clock King, The Minstrel, Shame, Ma Parker and Sandman.
In this last wave we got THREE characters from the series (Bookworm, Alfred, and Wax Robin who DID appear in the show). A MUCH needed improvement from the last '66 wave that had Superman and Batbot. This gives me hope that Mad Hatter will appear in a future wave--hopefully by Christmas!
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Hard not to agree with Mad Hatter. Especially after the “pink cowl” Batman variant. Would also be all in on some henchpeople (G.O.O.N., Catwoman’s henchmen, molls) at least one more main female villain, like the Siren. Plus some “scene setters” (maybe additional set pieces sold as an accessory pack, including those diabolically outrageous villain contraptions).
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

BiffPow wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:28 pm Hard not to agree with Mad Hatter. Especially after the “pink cowl” Batman variant. Would also be all in on some henchpeople (G.O.O.N., Catwoman’s henchmen, molls) at least one more main female villain, like the Siren. Plus some “scene setters” (maybe additional set pieces sold as an accessory pack, including those diabolically outrageous villain contraptions).
I will just be satisfied if we get Mad Hatter, the Batcopter, and Bruce Wayne/Dick Grayson in civilian clothes.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Henchpeople are a good call, potential multiple purchases of the same figure. Civilian Bruce and Dick, Duke and Buzzy?
Clock King, Shame, Siren- would love to see.
What about Lee’s Catwoman? Green Hornet, Kato, and Wonder Woman could be in the mix due to the comic license, or no?
I would also like a mask less Riddler that has his mask around his neck, like th B&W version. Or maybe Randy could just design a mask for that purpose.
Anyway I love this line and most of the figures. To me these are more fun than the 8” line WGSH.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:05 pm Henchpeople are a good call, potential multiple purchases of the same figure. Civilian Bruce and Dick, Duke and Buzzy?
Clock King, Shame, Siren- would love to see.
What about Lee’s Catwoman? Green Hornet, Kato, and Wonder Woman could be in the mix due to the comic license, or no?
I would also like a mask less Riddler that has his mask around his neck, like th B&W version. Or maybe Randy could just design a mask for that purpose.
Anyway I love this line and most of the figures. To me these are more fun than the 8” line WGSH.
In general, McFarlane has been doing great with the DC licenses. He is giving us figures and toys I never dreamed of such as Wax Robin, the Filmation wave, Wayne Manor playset, villain's lair, the Super Powers line and etc. I would love to see what he comes up with next.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:05 pm maybe Randy could just design a mask for that purpose.
Jimmy I went to Google looking up the black and white Riddler and found out they do have a "chase" figure with a maskless Riddler in color. He doesn't have the mask around the neck but that would be a very easy add in air dry clay or just fabric.
Not a cheap figure because it's a chase.
Attachments
Mcfarlane-TheRiddler-unmasked_750x.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Randy, they had a chase catwoman, sans mask. May be a Mss Kitka/Catwoman, but expensive. Just grabbed a maskless Robin this week
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Lou Szabo wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:40 am Randy, they had a chase catwoman, sans mask. May be a Mss Kitka/Catwoman, but expensive. Just grabbed a maskless Robin this week
They did? Have a picture of it?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Probably back on page 2. SDCC exclusive that Covid may have killed.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

McFarlane should make a unmasked Julie Newmar Catwoman to add as an exclusive to her new autobiography.
Jim K, Bat fan

Re: Wax Sprayed Robin.

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

Bat-Mite wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:08 am so now McFarlane Toys has made a figure on Wax Sprayed Robin something that was seen for like maybe 2 seconds
I must have closed my eyes during those 2 seconds, because I don't remember this at all...Can someone fill me in ? Thanks!