Who is in the Bat-suit?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

A. Pennyworth

Re: Who is in the Bat-suit?

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Ben great letter to confirm what I said above on Monday about what Dozier said in the Jean Boone interview and the city premier dates. Here it is.

Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:34 pm Ben great letter to confirm what I said above on Monday about what Dozier said in the Jean Boone interview and the city premier dates. Here it is.

I had been meaning to rewatch these Boone interviews. They definitely seem to be from a better source copy than the messy versions I have saved from a number of years ago - thanks for re-sharing AP.
gerryd54

Post by gerryd54 »

I actually talked about these photos taken at the premiere that showed up a while ago on Facebook. The appearance was described as being "Batman", no mention of Adam West. I'm pretty sure it's Hubie Kerns. There is another from this appearance taken straight on with Batman standing up in the Batmobile and the utility belt is drooping so you can see the velcro.
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

Ben Bentley wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:22 pm Great shots AP! I do believe that's Hubie, but I don't think this is Austin, as to my knowledge that event took place during the daylight hours, Adam was in attendance in costume and also, perhaps more importantly the Batmobile was not present in Texas for the premiere.

I need to do some more digging, but i'm thinking that this was most likely an LA event that Adam was unable to attend perhaps.

That is some really cool footage. Are those the actual actors?
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

BatmiteReturns wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:09 pm
Ben Bentley wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:22 pm Great shots AP! I do believe that's Hubie, but I don't think this is Austin, as to my knowledge that event took place during the daylight hours, Adam was in attendance in costume and also, perhaps more importantly the Batmobile was not present in Texas for the premiere.

I need to do some more digging, but i'm thinking that this was most likely an LA event that Adam was unable to attend perhaps.

That is some really cool footage. Are those the actual actors?
Yes, Sir!