Corgi Club confirms Batmobile reissue in 2024

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
BatToys

Re: Corgi Club confirms Batmobile reissue in 2024

Post by BatToys »

Silver Bond car in bubble top box announced for October. My guess this means the Batmobile will be in the fall
Attachments
Screenshot_20240108_133038_Facebook.jpg
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Another NEAT-O item! I wish I shared your optimism for release date, if they haven't even officially announced it yet I'm thinking 2025 at the earliest.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

The Silver DB5 was posted on FB by them. I noted that it was a color variant, but actually the color of the car in the Goldfinger movie and forward. I also commented on other releases they were showing regarding the 1966 Batmobile, but their comment was that licensing was expensive. I countered with "you'll sell more of this car then all your releases combined". Then added the variant possibilities (red wheels, etc). We'll see if their product manager is on the ball.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

Hmmm on Corgi Club's new answer. I was under the impression it was a done deal. If you're on Facebook, it would be a good idea to give them positive encouragement. See screenshot.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240109_065350_Facebook.jpg
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

In the email newsletter they sent out this morning it says the Silver DB5 Bond car is slightly bigger than the Gold version-
Here's what they said;

We're pleased to announce that 2024 will see us release the model you've all been asking for Corgi 270, the iconic silver Bond DB5 complete with its early iconic 'bubble’ packaging ~ features that are extremely sought after by collectors!

We will of course also include the secret instructions, lapel badge, number plate stickers and spare baddie ~ all as per the original. Slightly larger than 1965's gold Corgi 261, all of the features of that model are retained but with added rotating number plates and rear wheel tyre slashers. To many, this is their favourite (Brits can't spell ;)) Corgi Bond car!

To add to this good news, we're also putting Corgi 447 into the collection! This much-requested earlier version of the Wall's Ice Cream Van comes with two figures, a full set of stickers and a high quality facsimile of the original's display plinth and box. Predating Corgi 474 (the chimes version) by around six months, Corgi 447 is something of a forgotten Corgi classic. Many thanks to all those who suggested we replicate it, as it's a really lovely model and we’re really pleased with it.

This all adds up to an exciting year ahead for the Corgi Model Club. And of course there's more yet to come!

I'm sure I'll be in for the "bubble version" 007 car-- and as I said before I'm definitely getting at least a half dozen Batmobiles if they do them- and maybe a full dozen. Be a really cool display to make.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

Corgi Club would like to do variants of the Batmobile. If you have Facebook and want the Corgi Batmobile, click like and comment so they know there's a demand. Or just join temporarily to comment. Here is the link to join the Corgi Club USA page:

https://www.facebook.com/CorgiModelClub ... tid=ZbWKwL
Attachments
Screenshot_20240112_071027_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240112_071129_Facebook.jpg
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Man, that Lou Szabo is a real PITA, like he’s some kind of senior citizen with no filters :lol:
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

Lou Szabo wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:31 pm Man, that Lou Szabo is a real PITA, like he’s some kind of senior citizen with no filters :lol:
The squeaky wheel gets the oil. So maybe Corgi will move faster on this.