Crazy Foam Batman '66!!!

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

Crazy Foam Batman '66!!!

Post by rsaffle »

I'm a fan of the goofy looking 1974 vintage Crazy Foam bottles, so I decided to design a '66 Batman version that we all wish really existed.

I 3D printed the cap and bottom rim and used a 2 1/4" dia. cardboard mailer tube for the body. I printed out the graphics on white vinyl and covered that with a protective clear vinyl. The hardest part was figuring out the shape of the head graphics to fit the angled cap and aligning the mouth with the vinyl.

Looks pretty real to me. 8-)

Attachments
CRAZY FOAM MAIN.jpg
CRAZY FOAM A.jpg
pattern.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
hisyouthfulward

Re: Crazy Foam Batman '66!!!

Post by hisyouthfulward »

Great work!!! Now, let's see the Burt Ward Robin companion, please...
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

I think you should send the design to Crazy Foam, International so they can market it. It’s ready to go. All they have to do is get the license. As they have a relationship with DC already, should be relatively easy to accomplish.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Randy
That is brilliant!

Wes McCue would love that. Mr Classic Plastic himself
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
To The Batpoles!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

YES!!!!!!!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
SteveA

Post by SteveA »

Beautifully done Randy. As you are also a Green Hornet Fan what about a Hornet Version?
Your graphics are always done spot on, Great designer.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

rsaffle wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:39 am I'm a fan of the goofy looking 1974 vintage Crazy Foam bottles, so I decided to design a '66 Batman version that we all wish really existed.

I 3D printed the cap and bottom rim and used a 2 1/4" dia. cardboard mailer tube for the body. I printed out the graphics on white vinyl and covered that with a protective clear vinyl. The hardest part was figuring out the shape of the head graphics to fit the angled cap and aligning the mouth with the vinyl.

Fantastic work. That is such a slick job that it would have convinced 1974 buyers it was legitimate.
Beneath Wayne Manor
BATWINGED HORNET

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:32 pm
rsaffle wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:39 am I'm a fan of the goofy looking 1974 vintage Crazy Foam bottles, so I decided to design a '66 Batman version that we all wish really existed.

Fantastic work. That is such a slick job that it would have convinced 1974 buyers it was legitimate.
SteveA wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:44 pm Beautifully done Randy. As you are also a Green Hornet Fan what about a Hornet Version?
I too would love to see a Van Williams Green Hornet can, along with Ward's Robin and Lee's Kato.
Beneath Wayne Manor
BATWINGED HORNET

SteveA wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:44 pm Beautifully done Randy. As you are also a Green Hornet Fan what about a Hornet Version?
I too would love to see a Van Williams Green Hornet can, along with Ward's Robin and Lee's Kato.
Beneath Wayne Manor
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:33 pm Fantastic work. That is such a slick job that it would have convinced 1974 buyers it was legitimate.
Thank you all! I didn't plan on doing more of these, but I think I will now. The hardest part was doing all the text and figuring out the measurements but doing a new one would be just changing out the graphics. I actually already did most of the Burt Ward one today. :D

Hornet & Kato can't be far behind! lol
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
SteveA

Post by SteveA »

]

Thank you all! I didn't plan on doing more of these, but I think I will now. The hardest part was doing all the text and figuring out the measurements but doing a new one would be just changing out the graphics. I actually already did most of the Burt Ward one today. :D

Hornet & Kato can't be far behind! lol
[/quote]

You're Incredible, Randy..... :D
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

Amazing job rsaffle!
Hmm. Maybe a Riddler version with "Whipped Sleeping Cream" on the label? Or "Joker's Surfboard Resin Foam"? :lol:
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

Love this!
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

Very good … love it
To The Batpoles!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

Any new updates???

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!