One More Time: Adam West Voiceover on Upcoming Batwheels

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

NJ_Batfan

One More Time: Adam West Voiceover on Upcoming Batwheels

Post by NJ_Batfan »

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/amp/n...heels-episode/

Holy Batwheels, Batman! Adam West, who played the campy caped crusader in the Batman television series of the 1960s, will make a posthumous appearance on DC's Batwheels. The preschool animated series returns with a new batch of episodes Monday, September 11th, at 7:45 a.m. on Cartoon Network's Cartoonito block, featuring West as the voice of the classic — and now anthropomorphized — 1966 Batmobile. West guest stars on a special episode of Batwheels titled "To the Batmobile," airing Friday, September 15th, ahead of this year's Batman Day 2023 on September 16th.

Warner Bros. Animation has debuted the first look at West's animated car-achter who will speed into action alongside the show's cast of young sentient super-powered crime-fighting vehicles: Bam the Batmobile (voiced by Jacob Bertrand), Robin's zippy sports car Redbird (Jordan Reed), Batgirl's brave and bold motorcycle Bibi (Madigan Kacmar), Buff the monster truck (Noah Bentley), the Bat-jet Batwing (Lilimar), sarcastic robot repairman M.O.E. (Mick Wingert), and the motherly Batcomputer (Kimberly D. Brooks).

The car crime-fighters defend Gotham City from the Badcomputer (SungWon Cho) and the Legion of Zoom, keeping the streets safe alongside Bat-Family members Batman (Ethan Hawke), Robin (A.J. Hudson), and Batgirl (Leah Lewis). According to streamer Max (formerly HBO Max), Batwheels is the No. 1 original preschool series with boys 2-5 on the network and the most-watched original preschool series on Max.

West died at the age of 88 in 2017 after a battle with leukemia. The legendary Batman actor played the iconic "Bright Knight" in 120 episodes of the live-action TV series between 1966 and 1968, starring as the character alongside Burt Ward's Robin in the '66 Batman: The Movie. To mark the show's 50th anniversary, West and Ward reprised their roles in the 2016 animated movie Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders, and again in 2017's Batman vs. Two-Face, which was released posthumously and featured West's final performance as Batman.

The Batman star was a prolific voice actor, most famously voicing Quahog Mayor Adam West on Family Guy and the clawed crusader/actor Catman on The Fairly Oddparents. In other animated news, Cartoon Network announced the new Teen Titans GO! Warner Bros. 100th Anniversary Special, premiering in September, and the U.S. debut of Hanna-Barbera Studios Europe's Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe in November.
Ben Bentley

Re: One More Time: Adam West Voiceover on Upcoming Batwheels

Post by Ben Bentley »

Thanks for the heads up! Adam’s legacy lives on in many forms.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

IMG_2390.jpeg
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Lounge lizard

Post by Lounge lizard »

I suppose it's possible Adam had recorded his dialogue before he passed away, or maybe they've been able to use existing recordings. Either way I'm rather pleased to hear about this and look forward to seeing it.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lou Szabo wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:26 pm IMG_2390.jpeg
Love the cowl-style eyebrows!
Kite Kid

Adam as voice of '66 Batmobile on "Batwheels"

Post by Kite Kid »

Adam posthumously will be appearing (vocally) as the '66 Batmobile in an episode of Cartoon Network's Batwheels airing September 16.

Batman actor Adam West set for posthumous role in DC series
Kite Kid

Re: Adam as voice of '66 Batmobile on "Batwheels"

Post by Kite Kid »

... And here's another article that says it airs on September 15, not 16. Check your local listings, I guess, for the right bat-time. :?

Batwheels to Feature the Voice of Late Batman Actor Adam West
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Great to hear there's dates for these airings now. I'm going to merge this into the existing thread where people are already talking about the BatWheels show.
Kite Kid

Post by Kite Kid »

Ben Bentley wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:25 pm I'm going to merge this into the existing thread where people are already talking about the BatWheels show.
Hey, Ben! Sorry for starting a new thread about this. I had searched the forums for "Batwheels" before I posted, and nothing came up, so I didn't know this thread already existed. Thanks for merging it into the more appropriate place.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Kite Kid wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:35 pm
Ben Bentley wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:25 pm I'm going to merge this into the existing thread where people are already talking about the BatWheels show.
Hey, Ben! Sorry for starting a new thread about this. I had searched the forums for "Batwheels" before I posted, and nothing came up, so I didn't know this thread already existed. Thanks for merging it into the more appropriate place.
No sweat at all! Thanks for sharing the airing dates.