The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Therin of Andor

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Therin of Andor »

Very pleased by the arrival of my Poison Ivy figure from Figures Toy Company.

Poison Ivy and Captain Boomerang have arrived! by Ian McLean, on Flickr

She's pretty close to what we might have seen had Ann-Margret been cast in the role!

Gotham City Beach poster by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I wish the local Walmart had them......sigh!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Larry
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Midnight Conference zines by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Many thanks to my US penpal's husband for locating these issues of the iconic fanzine, "The Midnight Conference". Issue #2 features a reprint of the 1966 review in "TV Guide". She also sent me a sheet of "Batman" postage stamps.

TV Guide 1966, Part 1 by Ian McLean, on Flickr

TV Guide 1966, Part 2 by Ian McLean, on Flickr

TV Guide 1966, Part 3 by Ian McLean, on Flickr

and... a Batman-themed "Stan Carrott" cartoon by Lawrence Tisch, "The Midnight Conference" #2:

Midnight Conference cartoon by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Issue #4 features a review of a 1966-era colouring book with a new villain called The Bouncer, and art in the style of Carmine Infantino. There is also an article on the origins of the yellow-oval Bat insignia, a review of Joel Eisner's "The Official Batman Batbook", and a mini-Bat-interview with Denny O'Neil.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
moparco

Post by moparco »

Not bought recently but think Batfans allways like to see pictures of Bat merchandise.

The Neca quarter scale Batman with batsuit. The original showed ugly joints in belly and arms. It was quite difficult to take him apart but the result is a great improvement to an allready nice figure of Batman.
Second picture is the Mattel Batmobile ( polished to a nice shine) and the Hottoys dynamic duo and 3rd pic Tweeterhead Batman which is a very nice statue scored at the latest Comic Con in the Netherlands.
Attachments
DSCN2540.JPG
DSCN2539.JPG
DSCN2535.JPG
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

moparco wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:45 am Not bought recently but think Batfans allways like to see pictures of Bat merchandise.

The Neca quarter scale Batman with batsuit. The original showed ugly joints in belly and arms. It was quite difficult to take him apart but the result is a great improvement to an allready nice figure of Batman.
That's a really nice upgrade to the 1/4 Neca! Did you make the body-suit your self? I'm really interested in doing this to mine.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Ditto!
Larry
Bat-Brony92

Post by Bat-Brony92 »

Last week I was at books million and I got the Batman66 meets Man from Uncle Comic
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Kinda fun for a comic series. eh Brony? Its one of my favorites in my collection along with a "Batman 66" issue showing Batman/Batgirl/ the Datsun 260 version of the Batmobile ( Batmobile-J) aand Lord Deathman.
Cheers,
Larry
moparco

Post by moparco »

Ben Bentley wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:21 am
moparco wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:45 am Not bought recently but think Batfans allways like to see pictures of Bat merchandise.

That's a really nice upgrade to the 1/4 Neca! Did you make the body-suit your self? I'm really interested in doing this to mine.
Yes, with no experience what so ever! Taking apart the Neca Batman was probably the most difficult part. Here is a link http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forum ... es-31.html. Good luck , Marco
Attachments
DSCN1163A.JPG
DSCN1206A.JPG
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

And where did you get the suit?
Monstar

Post by Monstar »

After months of waiting, my Sideshow Collectibles Premium Format Catwoman arrived.

A little disappointed about the costume change, but I think I would be far worse if I bought it and the costume started cracking/peeling.

Not overly thrilled about the purple highlights on her gloves / boots either.

But I can live with those 2 negatives...overall it's a really nice piece and I'm glad I went in on it. Don't know if I can do the Adam West though.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

moparco wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:45 pm
Ben Bentley wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:21 am

Yes, with no experience what so ever! Taking apart the Neca Batman was probably the most difficult part. Here is a link http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forum ... es-31.html. Good luck , Marco
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

I meant to add fantastic mod to the Neca! This gives the Hot Toys a run for the money I think. Thanks for sharing
moparco

Post by moparco »

AndyFish wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:46 pm And where did you get the suit?
Hi Andy,
Made it myself. After several attempts it fitted nicely. Maybe not entirely the correct fabric but it was the closest I good get at the time.
For comparison the Original Neca with the strange joint at his stomach.
Attachments
DSCN1141small.JPG
DSCN1220smaller.JPG
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

WOW!!!!! You've done a MAGNIFICENT Job on it.

Cheers
Larry