Holy Hand-Me-Down! Custom kid's outfit...

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
mwilbury

Holy Hand-Me-Down! Custom kid's outfit...

Post by mwilbury »

I started putting together some '66 costume pieces for my son before his Batman-themed 3rd birthday party. I will post more about that after I finish editing the photos, but I am sure some of you will appreciate this story.

For several months, my son's been running around in a homemade cape that I wore as a child in the mid-80s. Last week, I told him that he was wearing my old cape, sewn by his grandmother. My father overheard and corrected me, the cape was made by HIS mother during the TV show's first run!

The cape's got a much better story now, and it's enjoying a third generation of crime-fighting play. My late grandmother was infatuated with her grand-babies, so I'm certain she'd be happy to know that her handiwork is still appreciated.

2018-11-17-Andy_Birthday-Costume.jpg
2018-11-17-Andy_Birthday-5288.jpg

For the "bodysuit," I dyed a 2-piece set of white pajamas with RIT and applied the logo with heat-press vinyl.
Ben Bentley

Re: Holy Hand-Me-Down! Custom kid's outfit...

Post by Ben Bentley »

Pure awesome!
svl

Post by svl »

That is pure awesomeness. Generational Bat-Win!

Extra points for the blue & yellow sandals. :)
dell

Post by dell »

Holy hand-me-down. Well done sir and a tip of the cowl to your great grandmother!
dell
Meule

Post by Meule »

Fantastic costume and an even better story behind it...
I'm sure your grandchild will one day enjoy that cape just as much
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

That is pure awesome! He will remember having that costume when he gets to be our age. Great memories for sure.