The New 1966 Batman Message Board

Home Help Search Login Register
click on the utility belt pouches for navigation and additional board features
Bat Resources Bat Art Bat Photos Home Bat Videos Bat Audio EMPTY - For Future Use
This version of the forum is locked and for archive purposes only. The current forum can be found here: http://www.66batman.com/forums/ Go To Bat Chat
The 1966 Batman Message BoardThe Bat CaveBat Merchandise › Catwoman - Julie Newmar - in Playboy!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Catwoman - Julie Newmar - in Playboy! (Read 12482 times)
Screamin Chicken
Bat Resident

Some days you just can't
get rid of a bomb...

Catwoman - Julie Newmar - in Playboy!
09/17/08 at 11:07pm

Not sure where this really fits, so mods please move if deemed necessary Wink

In the current issue of Playboy (Oct. 08) you can see Julie sans catsuit on page 17 Smiley

Here's a direct quote (my bolding though):

Quote:
Chalk up Batman's current popularity to Frank Miller, Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan, but let's not write off the campy 1960s TV show.  Doing so would risk writing off our dear friend Julie Newmar, the original Catwoman.  She recently reminded us of an unpublished pictorial she posed for in the early 1970s.  We should have peeked under that catsuit years ago.

I can't post the picture for obvious reasons.  It is what I would call a tasteful nude...nice to see some of our bat-friends are still popular Smiley

Update: Ha, how's THAT for my 200th post Wink

Cat: I could give you more happiness than anyone in the world.
Bat: How?
Cat: By being your partner in life, it's me and you against the world.
Bat: What about Robin?
Cat: Hmm..I know, we'll kill him.

IP Logged

1B1G
Aluminum Member

Don't foget to duck

Ontario CANADA
Re: Catwoman - Julie Newmar - in Playboy!
Reply #1 - 09/17/08 at 11:13pm

If your gonna, come out big. Nice to see alittle class on not posting the image.

IP Logged

Etruscan Snood
Aluminum Member

"Holy priceless collection
of Etruscan Snoods!"

Chicago
Reply #2 - 09/17/08 at 11:30pm

Julie also had a brief pictorial in the May 1968 Playboy -- a few photos got out when she took a dive into a pool while filming McKenna's Gold and her Indian Sqaw top came off in the pool.  Just a few topless shots.  The additional Bat trivia about that issue is that the cover girl, the playmate of the month for that issue, was also on Batman in a lesser hench-person role, although I forget who.  It's listed on Sutton's site or another site, I believe.

IP Logged

Screamin Chicken
Bat Resident

Some days you just can't
get rid of a bomb...

Reply #3 - 09/18/08 at 12:41am

Actually she was Playmate Of The Year (POTM in Sep. '67) (rarely does the Playmate Of The Month grace the cover).  That would be Angela Dorian (real name: Victoria Vetri) as Florence of Arabia in "I'll Be A Mummy's Uncle".  BTW, just another of the hundreds (it seems) of people to be in Batman and Star Trek - she played Isis...Gary Seven's cat (she was the cat in human form) Smiley

... & ...

Cat: I could give you more happiness than anyone in the world.
Bat: How?
Cat: By being your partner in life, it's me and you against the world.
Bat: What about Robin?
Cat: Hmm..I know, we'll kill him.

IP Logged

Etruscan Snood
Aluminum Member

of Etruscan Snoods!"

Chicago
Reply #4 - 09/18/08 at 12:20pm

That's the ticket!  I dug out my old issue here.  Also, of note, in that issue is an OUTSTANDING article on a con man named "Neversweat".  It's not Batman related, but it's an outstanding read.  For those of  you who actually read the articles...  Smiley

IP Logged

Etruscan Snood
Aluminum Member

of Etruscan Snoods!"

Chicago
Reply #5 - 09/18/08 at 12:22pm

And, of course, for those of you who don't know, there is always a "hidden" playboy bunny somewhere on the cover of all Playboys.  I don't know how far back this tradition goes, but it's on this one from the '60's.  If you can't find it, it's on the inside snippet of the picture on the table of contents.

IP Logged

BatFanJC
Bat Board Refugee

Muskegon Township, Michigan
Reply #6 - 09/20/08 at 3:15pm

There have been issues where the bunny isn't present on the cover.

By the way, the picture of Julie is kinda small and isn't overly revealing. I wonder if they'll bring out the whole pictorial?

Curse them for using the word "campy", that's the same as calling Hugh Hefner a degenerate.

&&
IP Logged

Scott Sebring
Bat Moderator

Just doing my duty as
a good citizen

Fontana, CA
Reply #7 - 09/20/08 at 4:14pm

Screamin Chicken wrote on 09/18/08 at 12:41am:
rarely does the Playmate Of The Month grace the cover

A friend of ours, Lynda was one of those rarities by appearing on the cover and as the Playmate of the month back in '82.

On another note, I always managed to find the bunny, but then again it has been about 20 years since I ever bothered to check out the magazine.

...   ...
WWW batfriend66 scottsebringmusic scott.sebring  
IP Logged

Catfan
Cattius Maximus

Female Robins and Catwoman
rock!

180 miles from Saratoga County
Reply #8 - 09/20/08 at 4:26pm

Screamin Chicken wrote on 09/18/08 at 12:41am:
Actually she was Playmate Of The Year (POTM in Sep. '67) (rarely does the Playmate Of The Month grace the cover).  That would be Angela Dorian (real name: Victoria Vetri) as Florence of Arabia in "I'll Be A Mummy's Uncle".  BTW, just another of the hundreds (it seems) of people to be in Batman and Star Trek - she played Isis...Gary Seven's cat (she was the cat in human form) Smiley

... & ...

Yep, I know of that issue.

WWW Catfan Catfan catfan1959 batman1969 http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id= frontenac_media CatfanBogota  
IP Logged

juliejr
Bat Neighbor

I'm the one on the left

Riverside CA
Reply #9 - 09/20/08 at 4:28pm

Hi,

Julie was in two pictorials for Playboy that I know of.  There were the pics of her on the set of "McKenna's Gold that show her diving into the swimming hole and a couple of other shots from the movie.  A little later, Playboy photographers managed to get into the studio in London where she was shooting "Monsieur Lecoq" with Zero Mostel.  They came away with some good pictures of Julie in a bubble bath with Zero Mostel holding each of her legs.  They show a back nude shot of a stagehand toweling her off after the bubble bath scene.

Clearly, Hugh Hefner loves Julie and she is named as one of the 200 sexiest women of all time in his magazine.  If he had some guts (or his daughter, or whoever runs his magazine nowadays) they could run a classy pictorial of her TODAY to show her truly timeless beauty.

(Spoken like Daffy Duck)&&"French Freddy, you're a fink!"

IP Logged

BatFanJC
Bat Board Refugee

Muskegon Township, Michigan
Reply #10 - 09/20/08 at 5:07pm

Scott Sebring wrote on 09/20/08 at 4:14pm:
On another note, I always managed to find the bunny, but then again it has been about 20 years since I ever bothered to check out the magazine.

Yeah, it used to be that way but more recently there have been a few issues without the hidden bunny. It was always a fun challenge to look for them.In fact, I would thoroughly examine every picture inside and out...for hidden bunnies, of course.  Smiley

&&
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print